A Cacophonous Awakening
cacophony: noun 1. a harsh discordant mixture of noise. 2. dissonance, discord.
I didn’t need my alarm clock this morning, there was enough noise going on already. “THUMP, SCURRY, SCURRY, SCURRY! THUMP SCURRY, SCURRY, SCURRY! THUMP, SCURRY, SCURRY, SCURRY! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, WAHHH, WAHHH! THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD, WAHHH, WAHHH! NOOOO, YOU DIDN’T! It was the sounds of: 3 squirrels scampering across my roof; 4 Deer Hunters shooting their rifles; my next-door neighbor’s 2 granddaughters running and crying with her screaming at them. It was quite a racket. Poor Selleck was hiding under my bed, he was so scared.
My casserole turned out quite well. Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 pounds Western Style Pork Spare Ribs, browned
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, peeled, seed, and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium Yellow onion, sliced
- 4 large Tart Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 ounces Wide Egg Noodles
Place pork in 4 quart Slow Cooker sprayed with Cooking Spray. Mix squash, onion, apples, and seasonings and place on top of pork. Cook on High for 4 hours. Remove meat. Let stand while preparing noodles according to package directions. Cut pork into 1 inch cubes. Stir all ingredients together and serve. Serves 4 people.
- “Ugh, Snow!” (emilykarn.wordpress.com)
- Mexican Pork and Pepper Stew with Avocado-Citrus Cream (balancingpaleo.com)
- Another Good Reason to Put Pork on Your Fork! (asulli03.wordpress.com)
- Honey Pork Spare Ribs (mytastyrecipesblog.wordpress.com)
- OMG! HEALTHY ALERT ON this Butternut Squash PIE!!! (kellygetthin.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash (simplelifeabundantlife.com)
- The Very Versatile Butternut Squash (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Serene tranquility (anglozine.wordpress.com)
- Stuart’s Daily Word Spot: Cacophonous/Harmonious (stuartaken.blogspot.com)
- Deer hunting season starts Nov. 16th (wptz.com)